If you’re like me, you love the stability a tripod offers, but sometimes they’re a hassle to transport. Not so with the JOBY GorillaPod Flexible Tripod – it’s extremely lightweight, portable, and compact, making it super convenient to use. Simply toss it into your bag or purse for a busy day of filming or shooting.
Tripods are critically important to use in low-light situations to make sure your images are correctly exposed and in focus. The JOBY GorillaPod is extra awesome because it has wrappable legs, enabling you to capture all sorts of shots that otherwise wouldn’t be possible. Wrap the legs around a tree or fence to stabilize your images.
Table of Contents
JOBY GorillaPod SLR Zoom Flexible Tripod With Ballhead Bundle for DSLR And Mirrorless Cameras Up to 3 kg. (6.6lbs).
- Dimensions – 3.1 x 3.1 x 14.2 inches
- Weight – 14.1 ounces
- Tripod with flexible, wrappable legs
- Ballhead bundle
- Rubberized foot grips
- Secures cameras up to 6.6 pounds
- Designed for SLR and mirrorless cameras
- Contains over two dozen leg joints and German TPE join for superb stability
- 1/4″ – 20 standard tripod mount and 3/8″ adapter
- Quick-release clip and bubble level
|Dimensions – 3.1 x 3.1 x 14.2 inches||Designed for SLR and mirrorless cameras|
|Weight – 14.1 ounces||Contains over two dozen leg joints|
|Tripod with flexible, wrappable legs||German TPE join for superb stability|
|Rubberized foot grips||1/4″ – 20 standard tripod mount and 3/8″ adapter|
|Secures cameras up to 6.6 pounds||Quick-release clip and bubble level|
Watch the video below to see the whole lineup of JOBY products.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying commissions.
This tripod is sturdy enough for the wear and tear of professional photography shoots, travel shots while on vacation, sports photography, and everyday shots with family and friends.
Throw it in your camera bag or suitcase and you’re all set. Made of durable Japanese medical-grade ABS plastic, stainless steel, and German TPE, it’s made to last, and you won’t believe how flexible it is.
The JOBY is sturdy enough to support a Canon 5D Mark III on it. The legs are long, which makes it simple to wrap around trees and poles – the ballhead is easy to rotate to any angle you need.
This flexible tripod is popular with social media vloggers and YouTubers because it makes filming video on the fly convenient. There is even a handy leveler feature behind the quick-release plate that lets you see if you’re holding your camera straight or if it’s tilted.
|360° panning ballhead||Easy to set up|
|Rubberized foot grips||Lightweight|
|Supports smartphones and DSLR cameras||Quick-release plate says connected to camera|
|Will support a telephoto lens||Can switch between portrait and landscape orientations|
- The ballhead allows for 360° panning for easy maneuverability and precise positioning
- Will hold its stance on any viable surface with its rubberized foot grips
- Supports DSLR cameras
- Sturdy enough to support a telephoto lens
- Ultra stable
- Easy to set up
- Quick-release plate stays connected to camera, making attaching and detaching quick and effortless
- Capability to switch between portrait and landscape orientations
- Free shipping
- Reasonably priced
- Height does not extend like traditional tripods
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Do you need the ballhead or is it optional?
Answer: Technically, you don’t need it. You can mount your smartphone or DSLR on the GorillaPod, and play around with the legs to make sure the camera is stable.
2. Question: Will the GorillaPod support a Canon 70D camera?
Answer: Yes, it will support a Canon 70D camera. It will also support a telephoto lens.
3. Question: Is The GorillaPod waterproof?
Answer: The body is made of plastic and metal so will dry if you get it wet, but there are electronics in the top of the tripod so you’ll want to keep that portion dry.
4. Question: What camera bodies does the GorillaPod fit?
Answer: The tripod will accommodate any camera that has a standard threaded base to screw it to.
5. Question: Will the JOBY work with a GoPro?
Answer: Absolutely, it will work great for a GoPro.
6. Question: What will the JOBY wrap around?
Answer: The legs are so flexible that you can basically wrap it around anything that is stable.
7. Question: Is the ballhead included?
Answer: Yes, it’s included. You can also buy the ballhead and tripod separately.
JOBY GorillaPod / Key Points
As they say: “Look at life from a different point of view” with the JOBY GorillaPod. Get clean, crisp, properly-exposed shots with this dependable and sturdy tripod.
What tripod do you use? Let me know in the comments:)