Are you new to the vlogging sphere and looking for a camera that is affordable, but will take high-quality images, along with full-HD video? If so, check out my Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II review. It’s incredible for vlogging, creating YouTube videos, and for lifestyle blogging. Join me as I outline the features of this handy little camera, along with the pros and cons.
PowerShot G7 X Mark II Features
This little beauty of a camera is compact, constructed of solid metal, and its small size makes it the ultimate in portability. It has a wide range of technically-advanced features, including a 3-inch LCD monitor, and a touch-sensitive rear tilt screen, which makes it amazing for taking selfies. The PowerShot G7 X captures exceptionally detailed, sharp images with minimal noise, even at high ISOs, thanks to the DIGIC 7 image processor’s enhanced detection and tracking capabilities.
Capture gorgeous 1080p full HD video, in an MP4 format, complete with stereo sound. Shoot stills in either JPEG or RAW format or a combination of the two. The 31-point auto focus system has face detection, which locks focus on your subject, and the high-speed continuous shooting at 8 fps assures you won’t ever miss a shot. The built-in Wi-Fi enables you to easily and quickly share your creations with friends and family, and all this for under 600 bucks.
Time-Lapse Movie Feature: Capture stunning images at intervals between 1-30 seconds, after which you can combine your images to create a brief timelapse movie clip of your footage.
Panning: Panning is a technique that uses image stabilization to lock onto your subject to adjust the shutter speed automatically. This allows you to control the amount of background blur your images will have, while keeping fast-moving subjects in focus.
Shoot Remotely with the Camera Connect App: Smartphone or tablet remote shooting functions have been significantly upgraded with the Camera Connect app. A range of capabilities are now available using different shooting modes, multi-aspect shooting, continuous shooting, and AF frame modes.
Intelligent Image Stabilization: Canon’s image stabilization system lets you capture steady images without using a tripod – even in low-light situations. Camera movement is automatically analyzed and shake correction applied if needed. A variety of icons are available for use when shooting both stills and video.
In-Camera RAW Conversion: Adjust and preview modifications of your images without a computer. Increase the brightness, modify the picture style, or fine tune the white balance, while switching back and forth from your original image to the edited version Then conveniently save your adjusted image as a JPEG to use later.
Exposure Modes: Modes include AE lock, Manual, Custom, Safety Shift, Program Shift, Shutter Priority, and Aperature Priority. Shutter speeds range from 1 to 1/2000 in Auto mode and 15 to 1/2000 in Bulb mode.
- 20.1 MP, CMSO 1-inch sensor
- Dimensions: 1.6 x 2.4 x 4.2 inches
- Lens focal length: 8.8-36.8mm (35mm equivalent: 24mm-100mm)
- Full 1080p HD / 60p video
- Flash: Flash on, flash off, slow sync, and auto
- Shoot in JPEG, RAW, or RAW+JPEG
- DIGIC 7 processor
- (W) f/1.8 to (T) f/2.8
- Optical zoom: 4.2x / Digital zoom 4x
- 3-inch LCD monitor with rear tilt screen
- 31-point AF with Assist beam and Face detection
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) technology
- High-speed continuous shooting (8 fps)
- NB-13L lithium-ion battery pack, rechargeable
- Wide aperatures for amazing bokeh
- LCD monitor tilts up 180° and tilts down 45° (awesome for selfies)
- Screen is touch sensitive
- Large sensor for easy viewing
- TTL auto and manual focus
- HD video, in an MP4 format, has stereo sound
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables quick and easy sharing
- 125-6400 ISO sensitivity (125-25600 extended mode)
- Performs well in low-light
- No viewfinder
- 1080p full HD video rather than 4K video
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Question: What’s included in the box?
Answer: In addition to the camera, battery, battery charger, and wrist strap, a Jazz Zoom 20 Holster bag and 64GB Extreme UHS-I SDXC memory card are included, along with a $300.00 coupon book.
2. Question: What is the warranty?
Answer: The PowerShot G7 X comes with a limited 1-year warranty.
3. Question: Can I swap out the lens?
Answer: No, the lens is fixed.
4. Question: Does the camera support a tripod?
Answer: Yes, any tripod with a 1/4-20 thread will work.
5. Question: How long will the battery last?
Answer: You can shoot non-stop video for approximately an hour using the factory battery.
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is for you if you’re looking for durability, affordability, convenience, and a wide range of innovative features all wrapped up in one sporty little camera. If 1080p video suits your fancy, you really can’t go wrong with the PowerShot, especially considering the price. It’s a great solution if you’re a vlogger, travel or lifestyle photographer, or YouTuber. Check it out here.
What do you think of the Canon PowerShot? Let me know in the comments:)